Tuesday, March 17, 2009

I had started rallying against the mining operations in Homonhon Island way back on 1996 and i have endured in so many  indignations on my person and I admit I felt so very intimidated by those but giving up seeemed to me as equivalent to murdering myself.
The time when a family member of ours working overseas had financed me to build a new house, a mining company allegedly showed a document to the pro mining people in our place notably bearing "signature" that I have allegedly recieved Three Million Pesos (3M) as a payoff for not going against them and any other personal thing that they could meant to defame, harrass and intimidate me.
The tactics were there -  divide and rule for their own benifit, the playing with the laws of the land because some government agencies and political leaders mean business, and the culture of 
capitalism over and against the marginalized sector of society.
With these, this kind of struggles will never die, only life will, but it shall never fail, for we understand that the world can never be enough for those who are so greedy.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment